- Prepare your new pouching system before you remove your used pouch.
- Empty your pouch when it?s half full of discharge or gas. Do not let the pouch overfill or leak.
- If you notice that you have a lot of gas in your pouch, you may want to consider a pouch with a built-in filter.
- The best time for a routine pouch change is in the morning when the stoma is less active and before you have had anything to eat or drink.
- After you apply your skin barrier, press it gently against your skin for about 30-60 seconds.
- If you wear a two-piece pouching system, try placing the skin barrier on your body in a diamond shape for a smoother fit.
- Empty your pouch before bedtime and activities.